Terms of Reference:
- To formulate the general policy of the University in order to raise the level of education, scientific research, rehabilitation and training, and to meet the needs of the overall development in Yemen.
- To set the educational bases that must be included in the University courses and activities in accordance with the Islamic ideology and sharia.
- To support the independence of the University, and take all the means that enhance its attitude and enable it to fulfill its mission and achieve its objectives .
- To discuss and approve the University annual budget project that was prepared in the light of the budget projects of the faculties and centers, and to oversee their implementation.
- To evaluate the University work in the light of its general policy, consider the annual and periodic reports submitted by the University president, deans of the faculties and directors of the centers to the Council, and to form special committees to evaluate the various activities of the University, particularly in the areas of:
- Academic performance of academic staff members and their assistants
- Student affairs.
- Postgraduate studies and scientific research
- Financial and administrative performance.
- To approve the appointment of the academic staff members at the University and the affiliated institutes and centers, introduce their rights and duties, approve their secondment with or without salary, their transferring, granting of sabbatical leave, the acceptance of resignations and termination of their services according to the provisions of the Law and Regulations and in accordance with the provisions of the relevant laws and other regulations.
- To discuss and approve the study plans and programs that are submitted by the councils of HU faculties and centers and to establish new scientific departments.
- To discuss and approve the development plans of the University that cope with the development plans of Yemen.
- To determine the number of students who can be accepted every academic year in the University according to the needs of community and the absorptive capacity of the University, taking into consideration the maximum admission limit for each of specialization as specified by the Supreme Council and in accordance with the approved annual plans of admission.
- To award degrees, titles, diplomas and certificates.
- To receive donations to the University that come through Waqf, contributions, donations and bequests, etc., but without being in contradiction to the public policy of Yemen or contrary to morality and values.
- To approve the plans for construction, equipping and maintenance of the University buildings and facilities.
- To supply the needs of the University library, and the libraries of the affiliated faculties, institutes and centers with scientific resources, references, journals and modern techniques in a way that ensures the needs of academic teaching process and scientific research based on the proposal of the Council of Library, Documentation, Publishing and Translation Affairs.
- To form permanent or temporary scientific and technical committees from the Council members, members of the staff members and specialists in order to examine and express opinions on the subjects entrusted to them.
- Re-issue, modify or repeal decisions made by the councils of the faculties, institutes or centers if they are in contravention of the University laws, regulations or organizational decisions.
- To determine the general basics of the social, cultural and sporting students’ activities and their health care based on the proposal of the Student Affairs Council.
- To discuss and approve the final account of the University and its faculties, institutes, centers and hospitals, and the periodic reports submitted by the external administrative and financial oversight bodies and submit that to the Supreme Council.
- To approve the scientific and technical cooperation agreements between the University and other universities concluded by the president or one of his deputies under written authorization.
- To approve the scientific and technical cooperation agreements concluded by faculties, institutes and centers with other scientific bodies after being approved by the University President.
- To strengthen the University’s relations with private sector institutions.
- To consider matters referred to the Council by the University President or by one third of the membership of the Council, as well as any other matters of the Council according to the provisions of the law.
February 15, 202410
February 12, 20243
February 4, 20249
University Council Membership:
|Prof. Mohamed Saeed Khanbash
|Chairman of the Council
|Prof. Abdullah Saleh Babair
|University Vice President for Academic Affairs
|Prof. Salem Mubarak Al-Obthani
|University Vice President for Students Affairs
|Dr. Hadi Salem Al-Sabban
|University Acting Vice President for Postgraduate Studies & Scientific Research
|Mr. Abdullah Alawi Aideed,
|General Secretary of the University
|Dean of Environmental Sciences & Marine Biology Faculty
|Dean of Sciences Faculty
|Prof. Najat Ahmed Busaba
|Dean of Women’s Faculty/ Mukalla
|Dr. Saeed Salmeen Belafair
|Dean of Education Faculty / Mukalla
|Dr. Adel Karamah Maili
|Dean of Education Faculty/ Al Mahara
|Dean of Arts Faculty
|Salem Saleh Ba-Momen
|Dean of Engineering & Petroleum Faculty
|Dr. Abdullah Saeed Al-Hanshi
|Dean of Nursing Faculty
|Dr. Faisa Ahmed Obaidi
|Dean of Law Faculty
|Dr. Muhammad Ahmed Al-Mujibi
|Dean of Applied Sciences Faculty
|Muhammad Abdullah Bamatraf
|Dean of Computers & Information Technology Faculty
|Dr. Mahfoudh Abdulkarim Al-Musali
|Dean of Administrative Sciences Faculty
|Dean of Education Faculty / Socotra
|Dr. Walid Ahmed Al-Attas
|Dean of Open Education Facutly
|Prof. Abdullah Eidha Baheshwan
|Director of Academic development and Quality Affairs Center
|Dr. Azzat Ahmed Ali Al-Sadi
|Director of the Information Technology Center
|Prof. Abdullah Hussein Al-Jufri
|Director of University Consultation Center
|Prof. Ahlam Saleh Bin Braik
|Director of Women’s Studies Center
|Dr. Khalid Saleh Bawahdi
|Director of Environmental Studies & Water Resources Center
|Dr. Muhammad Abubaker Mugaibel
|Director of Human & Social Studies Center
|Dr. Muhammad Saleh Al-Kasadi
|Chairman of the Union of Staff members and Assistants
|Prof. Salem Muhammad Bin Salman
|Representative of Professor Class
|Dr. Hasan Saleh Al-Ghlam
|Representative of Associate Professor Class
|Dr. Saleh Omer Al-Batati
|Representative of Assistant Professor Class
|Marwan Ahmed Al-Habshi
|Abdulrahman Omer Baafi
|Head of the General Students’ Council
|Prof. Abdulhakim Mabrouk Lardi
|Director of the University Hospital
Secretary of the Council
|Dr. Salem Oboud Ghanem
|Secretary of the University Council
|Secretary of the University Council
|Anwar Mubarak Bomander
|General Director of the Council Affairs
|General Director of the Council
|Lotfi Nasser Al-Akbari
|Director of the University Secretariat Department
|Director of the University Secretariat Council