The Department of Geography, one of the scientific departments of the Faculty of Arts, dates back to the seventies (1975) when it was affiliated with the Faculty of Science, Art and Education of Aden University. At that time, it became one of its departments aiming to qualify teachers and researchers in geography.
since establishing the Faculty of Arts at HU in 2005, the Department of Geography has become one of its departments. Over a long period of time, it has gained experience in developing students’ scientific knowledge. In fact, our Department has graduated more than nine batches so far as follow:
|Total||Ninth Batch, 20017||Eighth Batch, 20016||Seventh Batch, 2015||Sixth Batch, 20014||Fifth Batch, 20013||Fourth Batch, 20012||Third Batch, 2011||Second Batch, 2010||First Batch , 2009||Batch|
To be a pioneering department in studying and analyzing geographical phenomena, and contribute to planning and analysis as well as cope with modern technologies.
To prepare highly qualified individuals and deepen the concept of applied training in order to meet the society needs locally and regionally.
Helping students acquire effectively intellectual and scientific skills in geography.
Providing public and private sectors with qualified cadres in geography.
Developing an exact strategy in the future for:
- Developing the existing computer laboratory through providing it with the latest hardware and software.
- Establishing a general geographical laboratory.
- Establishing a climate educational observatory.
- Establishing a digital library, and connecting it up with global libraries.
- Activating cultural agreements between the Faculty and other Universities.
- Expanding foreign academic scholarships in the newly established disciplines due to a lack of qualified cadres.
- Holding training courses for faculty members to keep up to date with developments in science and technology related to their field.
- Providing public and private sectors with qualified cadres.