The College of Sciences was established by the Minister Council Decision No. (14) of 2005, to change the College of Education at Hadhramout University into two Colleges of Science and Arts, and the study began in the College in the academic year 2005-2006 .
College of Science currently includes four departments as the following:
- Mathematics Department.
- Physics Department.
- Chemistry Department.
- Life Science Department.
It should be mentioned that the departments of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Life Science were established in 1975 during the establishment of the College of Education in Mukalla that followed Aden University. Computer Science department was established within the College of Education, Mukalla- Hadhramout University in 2003, but it was transferred to the College of Computers and Information Technology in the academic year 2017-2018.
- To prepare highly qualified graduates scientifically, professionally and educationally in the different specializations of the College to contribute in solving community problems
- To provide graduates with the principles of scientific research, knowledge, skills and trends that enable them to compete effectively at the local and regional levels.
- To improve the graduates’ awareness of the profession and scientific research ethics.
- To provide continuous scientific, cultural and professional development and training of the College graduates.
- To improve and update the academic and research programs continuously.
- To establish, develop and improve laboratories and teaching aids.
- To support and encourage the scientific research, authoring, translation and publication, as well as to participate in the scientific seminars and conferences.
- To provide consultations and training of all specializations in the College for both the public and private sectors.
- To form close partnerships with the community institutions.
- To obtain the quality insurance and academic accreditation.
- To disseminate and improve the positive attitudes towards the specializations of the College.